Thursday, September 5, 2013

Back To Blogging

Hi. I'm Allison! I'm fairly new to the blogging community. I've done a few posts in the past but nothing to really "count" as blogging. So here I am! I'm 31, single, been through a very messy divorce, have 4 cats and 2 parents. The one thing that keeps me from doing everything I love is my health. You wouldn't know it by looking at me, but I have Lupus, Fibromyalgia, Hashimoto's Hypothroiditis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and the most obvious thing, Achondroplasia. It's the most common type of dwarfism that exists. So, I live by the "spoon theory". Check out www.butyoudontlooksick.com  I start out each day with a certain number of "spoons", which are the equivalent of bursts of energy or energy uses. Imagine Candy Crush. I start out with 5 "spoons" and after 5, I have to wait a period of time for more to come back. Some days I start out with 15, some I start out with 1, and it goes fast. I love life and hate to waste time being sick. Alas, it's the cards I've been dealt. I do the best with what I have and when I don't have, I deal. But that's a downer to talk about. Let me tell you a little more about me.

I LOVE movies and music. I love theaters and concerts as well as Netflix and MP3 at home.

I started knitting a year ago and can't stop. I have a yarn stash a mile long!

I'm a people person. I'm happiest when I'm around friends and family.

I'm an animal person. I used to have a career in animal rescue work before I became to sick to work. I'd rescue animals all day long if I could!

I'm obsessed with donuts, Paris, all of the UK, keys and locks, stationery, Thai food, macarons, petit fours, Candy Crush, Sudoku, PIE, knitting, sushi, ANYTHING 80's, reading, buying books, audiobooks, locally owned restaurants and shops, Etsy, root beer, and KISSING.

I'm a complete and total bookworm. I own more books than anything else. Someday I'll build my own library!

My life is pretty rough and tumble at times. I stay sick and very rarely wake up with no pain. I used to be able to get out of bed every day and do SOMETHING but as I've grown older that isn't always the case anymore. I don't like it when it happens, but it happens. I go with the flow and just try to keep my health in check. People with Lupus can live just as long as any healthy person as long as they take care of themselves and stay away from organ damage. So far I'm 19 years and no organ damage strong! 

I feel it's essential to keep smiling. Keep socially active and see the glass half full. Otherwise, it would eat me alive. Sooo, I'll always have a half glass of good ol' southern sweet tea in me! :)

That's it for today. It's good to be back in the blogging game! Sweet dreams, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment