Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Kama Sutra and Dwarfism

I came across this link about a week ago on Facebook since I subscribe to Cosmopolitan's page: http://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love/advice/awesome-new-sex-positions?src=spr_FBPAGE&spr_id=1440_23379618#slide-6

Looking at it, I'm thinking to myself "some of these could actually work, right?"; but then I re-think and know with the way our bodies are, especially females with achondroplasia who are born with BIG booties, it's ain't gonna happen. Lining up is one thing for average height folks or for missionary-type positions, but back to front is hard enough in itself when you're dealing with our bodies, however, some of these positions test the limits of our bodies themselves. And what fun would trying out these hot sex positions if it's going to be uncomfortable in ANY way, nevertheless painful? When I was 17, I started subscribing to Cosmo and still do. So that's 14 years of looking at amazing sex positions and knowing that unless I find someone A) is average height that could get around my booty or B) having a million props like pillows and all those distractions, that it would never work. So, my question is, how do we come up with our own Kama Sutra positions for people with dwarfism? I think it's possible, but we'd need couples to test them out and report back so we can record the results and make a book or booklet to give out. So many people are so shy about sharing what goes on between them sexually, which is fine, but you can't get a census without experimentation. How do you think Masters and Johnson figured out ways to make sex better? Of course, by experimenting themselves, but they had test subjects. All companies that produce sexual-related projects have test subjects. How do you think the #1 seller of vibrators for women stay #1? 

I propose that we, as a community of little people of all types, start experimenting and create our own guide to what works and what doesn't! Who doesn't love a sex book? We'd provide illustrations of ANONYMOUS people just like The Joy of Sex. The Joy of Sex for Little People. Now, don't go stealing my idea. But I'd like to work together to make something like this. Have someone who takes down the research Q&A, someone who records the results, someone who does the illustrations, and people who volunteer to be anonymous testers. I'd even like to see people test sex toys because let me tell you, as a female with achondroplasia, finding a vibrator that is long enough to reach where it needs to but don't have to constantly hold on to since having short arms makes for very tired arms. To be perfectly frank, I found one that is remote controlled so that it's essentially hands free. I never knew they even existed until I went into an adult store one day and simply went up to the proprietor and told him my dilemma and he immediately knew what to show me. You can't be shy when it comes to things like this, and if you're going to spend the money to give yourself pleasure, you might as well be as open as possible. You can always ask your GYN, but I can pretty much tell you that unless they know their sex toys, that they're going to tell you to go to your local Walgreens or CVS and buy a "personal massager". Yeah, those are lovely for sore muscles but for pleasure, no bueno. I remember when I was college age and reading in Cosmo about masturbation and how wonderful it was. And I kept thinking, that would be great since my boyfriend lives in another state but how the hell am I supposed to reach all the way down there? I tried and tried and ended up so frustrated that I gave up. Until I went into the adult store one day. I feel I wasted so much time; but when you're that age, EVERYTHING about sex was still embarrassing! So please, please, PLEASE ask your local expert if you need help reaching in this endeavor!

I also am thinking about starting a column for little people to be able to ask questions about these things anonymously. I know I could've used one 10-15 years ago.

Sex is the most basic of human natures. There's nothing to ever be embarrassed about when it comes to asking questions. That's why I'm asking the question of "what can be adapted for us?". The usual sex positions are great! They've been around since Day 1 and are trusted friends. But wouldn't it be great if we could do some of the more daring positions like in the article above? I mean, I know physics. Our legs don't go as high in the air as average height folks or even some of the taller LPs, but I'd like to think there's other positions that could be adapted.

I often wonder if it's as uncomfortable for average height women to give oral sex as it is for me. Is it just because I have TMJ and Fibromyalgia so my jaw and mouth get sore and tired more quickly and because the bow in my legs makes it so hard on my knees? Is it harder for LP men to give oral sex or is it the same for both LP and average height men? I'm so curious. Because as much as I want to please my partner, it is one of the hardest (ha ha) things for me to do! I can lay on my back and have sex missionary style with my legs wrapped around all day long. But when it comes to oral sex, I get that "oh, geez" groan in my head. I'll do it, but I just know the pain will be quick to follow.

So, that's what I've been thinking about lately. I'd love some feedback. Would you be willing/interested to participate in something like a Joy of Sex for LPs? Have you had better experiences with the Karma Sutra than I have and how? I know it's all different with different types of dwarfism. For those of you with longer limbs and torsos, I could totally see it. Do you have any ideas on how to make it accessible from an LP's perspective? I'd also love to hear from average height and LP couples on how they make it hot and mixed up. If you don't feel comfortable doing so, I absolutely understand. And if you want to make it anonymous, feel free to email me at lilsouthernsizzl@gmail.com. 

As always, thank you for letting me share my inner most thoughts with you!

Always with love,
Alli

1 comment:

  1. Allison
    You have a delightful perspective. It is fresh witty and exactly what the world needs. I have always said everything I see looks wrong, that's why I write. It seems to me to take the same approach. I have revamped a blog called http://RetweetCritique.com we believe that criticism is the father of revolution #questionanything, #changeeverything

    I would be thrilled to have you join our team as an author. It's a Facebook page, domain, tumbler, and soon to be an app where anything in culture art hospitality or whatever is up for criticism. And eventually if it takes off and we get sponsors as a charter member u can become an admin. Who knows where this will lead. I have not sent this letter to many people. However. I was truly struck by the depth and sincerety of your opinion. That's all it takes. And understanding of self and a willingness to be transparent.

    Feel free to contact me with any questions:
    I need your gmail to send you an invite
    Chasealias@gmail.com

    Thank you
    DS Pollack
    Aka
    Chase Alias

    ReplyDelete